NEMA17 4.4Kgcm Stepper Motor for high torque applications. Ideal Motor for ATM machines, 3D printers, Peristaltic pumps and job positioning and rotating applications. Standard NEMA 17 frame size. 4.4Kgcm bipolar configuration motor.
RMCS-1106 is Rhino Motion Controls low cost micro-stepping drive for 1.8deg Bipolar Stepper Motors. It is designed for smooth and quiet operation without compromising on torque and control at higher speeds. It has short-circuit protection for the motor outputs, over-voltage and under-voltage protection and will survive accidental motor disconnects while powered-up.
The RMCS-1106 achieves micro-stepping using a synchronous PWM output drive and high precision current feedback and this is absolutely silent when the motor is stopped or turning slowly. It virtually eliminates stopped-motor heating regardless of power supply voltage.
The RMCS-1106’s closed-loop control gains are calibrated on start-up based on motor characteristics and also adjusted dynamically while the motor is in motion. This control algorithm makes it capable of achieving better torque at higher speeds in comparison to comparable drives in its range.
The PULSE/STEP, DIRECTION, ENABLE inputs are optically isolated. Both inputs work with 2.5V, 3.3V or 5V logic drive signals. The input drive current is 5mA at 2.5V so almost all logic family (74LS, 74HC, etc.) can be used to drive these inputs. Each input provides individual anode and cathode connections to the opto-isolator allowing for multiple input drive interfaces.
- Step Angle: 1.8°
- Number of Phase: 2
- Rated Voltage: 2.8V
- Rated Current: 1.68A
- Resistance per phase: 1.65E
- Inductance per phase: 2.8mH
- Holding Torque: 4.4 kgcm
- Weight:300 grams
- Coil A: Black & Green
- Coil B: Red & Blue
- Length without shaft: 50mm
- Shaft Length: 16mm
- Width: 43mm
Micro-Stepping Drive Features
- Smooth and quiet operation at all speeds and extremely low motor heating
- Industrial grade performance for 2-Phase Bipolar, 4-Phase and Uni-polar Stepper Motors
- Input supply voltage from 12VDc to 40VDC
- Selectable peak coil current from 0.25A to 2A
- Inaudible 20kHz current chopping frequency
- Selectable half-current during motor standstill to further reduce motor heating
- Selectable micro-steps up to 6400 steps per rotation for a 1.8deg stepper motor
- Higher motor torque and higher speeds achievable due to advanced loop control algorithm
- 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V compatible PULSE, ENABLE and DIRECTION inputs with 2-wire opto-isolated interface
- Short-circuit protection for the motor outputs, over-voltage and under-voltage protection
- LED indication for power and error states
Power and Motor Terminal Assignments
Pulse and Direction Input Assignments
Switch Selection Table for Motor Coil Current Setting
Switch Selection Table for Step Resolution Setting